College of Education

The Forum on the Future of Public Education

People Direct Admission Volatility in State Funding External Social Benefits of Higher Education Blog (Archive) News Events

Events

Find out what's on at The Forum on the Future of Public Education here

Volatility in State Spending for Higher Education

Champaign , USA
I-Hotel and Conference Center
delaneyj@illinois.edu

I-Hotel and Conference Center

Add to:

This conference at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will cover the unpredictability of state spending for higher education in Illinois.

Volatility in State Spending for Higher Education ConferenceMost discussions of higher education finance focus on the levels of funding (i.e., how much will the state appropriate this year?). While these discussions about levels of funding are undoubtedly important, too little attention is paid to the consequences of volatility in funding. Predictability matters – to institutions, students, families, and states. In addition, the risks of operating in an uncertain financial environment lead to behaviors that are not always in the best interests of states, institutions, or students. As such, this research conference has been developed to encourage new, original scholarship on volatility in state support for higher education.

Learn more

Cost: Free

delaneyj@illinois.edu

Archived Events